Saturday, July 6, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello friends ,
I thought it was time that I shared a Vegan recipe :)  Whahoooooo!!!!
I have a great friend who convinced  to change my diet so naturally , I ventured off into the Vegan and Gluten -Free world. I first experimented with three different recipes for vegan chocolate chip cookies and  those were horrible.I found this particular recipe and fell head over heels for it.. After finding the perfect  chocolate chip cookies recipe. I started getting a little more serious and explored the vegan world a little more extensively.I have come to the conclusion that that Vegan world can be a bit crazy but once you sort thru all the info you find that its not all that bad. PETA is a good place to start

Why the sudden interest in Vegan baking ?:) Ohhhhhhh well, It comes from me being lactose intolerant. I wanted to eat a dessert that I could enjoy and wouldn't bring about a upset stomach. So I began my journey.


Alight lets get to baking :) !
These cookies are delicious and will make you think twice about eating non vegan cookies .
 ------First off this lovely recipe comes from the blogger :
http://trans-planted.com/vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies/


 

 Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies 


1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar( I used Agava  )-
2/3 cup vegetable oil( I used coconut oil ) -
1/4 cup almond or soy milk (I used coconut milk  )-
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour(I used the unbleached flour)-
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 ounces vegan chocolate chips
  
 yields two dozen


 ** Now I added 1/2 cup of walnuts to add that chocolate and nut combination that I crave so much. I also added Agave,coconut oil and coconut milk in the place of other ingredients .
——–
Preheat oven to  350°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, white sugar, oil, and soy milk for several minutes until well incorporated. The resulting mixture will look like a smooth caramel sauce. Stir in the vanilla.In a small mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Gently add and mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. If the dough is not stiff enough to hold its shape, add more flour one tablespoon at a time (although I had no trouble with mine). Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet, spacing the dough 2 inches apart. Cook for 8-9 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.

Enjoy and Share :)


No comments:

Post a Comment